When you are desperately craving cookies but still thinking healthy!! Well.. these cookies tasted decent enuf to satisfy both criteria!! Yippeee!!
- Butter – 2-3 Tbsp (Room Temperature)
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 (Room Temperature)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Oats – ½ cup
- Bittersweet Chocolate chip – 1 cup (you can increase or decrease this quantity as per your choice)
- Take a bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream(mix) them together. You can do it by hand or using a hand mixer.
- Add the 2 eggs and mix. At this stage usually the hand mixer does a better job than doing it just by hand. Either ways is fine. It’s just that it would take a little longer if doing it by hand. That’s all.
- Add a tsp of vanilla essence.
- Mix in the Wheat flour and the baking soda. At this stage you would need to mix it in with a spatula by hand.
- Once the dough is almost ready, add in the Oats and the chocolate chip cookies.
- Cover and keep the mix in the fridge for an hour to chill.
- Make sure you preheat the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit (180 degree Celsius)
- Line your bake ware with a parchment paper.
- Use your hand and make small balls n place it on the parchment paper. Depending on the size you would like the cookie in make the shapes accordingly.
- Please note, the cookies shall spread while baking so keep enough space between the cookie dough.
- Place the tray into the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 15 min.
- Once down, take them out of the oven and let them cool for around 10 minutes.
Your healthy cookies are ready!!
Enjoy it with a cold glass of milk and let me know your comments below.
The dough mix just before keeping it in the fridge for chilling