One of my all-time favorite and hit recipes. Very simple and easy to make. No much hassle. So let’s get on with the ingredients:
- Digestive biscuits (1 box – around 400 gms)
- Brown Sugar (1 cup)
- Cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
- Butter (2 tbsps.)
- Water (1 cup)
- Vanilla essence (1 tsp.)
- Nuts of your choice ( I used Almonds, Walnuts and Pista)
START COOKING :
- Break all the biscuits into rough pieces into a huge bowl for mixing.
- Roast the nuts and add them into the biscuits bowl and keep it aside.
- Take a wide saucepan, add the brown sugar and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add the water little by little and stir.
- Place the saucepan on the stove at medium heat.
- Add butter to the saucepan.
- Slowly stir the mix and let it boil for around 5min. Continue stirring at regular intervals.
- Once 5min are over, take the pan off the heat and keep it aside for 10-15min to cool down.
- Once it’s at room temperature, add a tsp. of vanilla essence.
- Add this cooled down chocolate mix to the biscuits bowl. Mix well until all the biscuits are coated well with the chocolate mix.
- Take a bake ware of your choice and line it with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate coated mix into the bake ware and press it till there are no gaps left.
- Cover the bake ware and place it in the fridge for around 2-3 hours.
Your chocolate biscuit cake is ready to dig into. Just to add a little oomph to my cake, I coated the top with some Nutella spread.
P.S : You don’t necessarily have to use a bake ware. You can use any dish that suits you.
Try out this delicious recipe and let me know about the taste in the comments below.